A Gift Guide for Everyone You Know
This holiday season, we would like to encourage you to shop local and women-owned businesses. And to help you, we have put together a gift guide for everyone on your list!
For the entrepreneur:
- Detail & Design gift card: From business cards to websites, we have you covered.
- Ampersand Law consult: Local firm focused on estate planning and small business matters, with the simple philosophy of providing legal services for “everyday people.”
- Marquis-Duggan Nonprofit Solutions: Specializing in building the capacity of non-profit organizations and their leaders.
- Headshots by Lis Tyroler: Utilizing fine art principles and a photojournalistic bent, Lis creates intimate and meaningful sessions that result in her beautiful portraits.
For your artistically inclined niece or nephew:
- Piano lessons from Hello Piano! Studio in Chapel Hill. Group lessons for children in a fun and enriching environment.
For adventurous out of town guests:
- Bull City Escape: Book a room with your friends, family, or co-workers and see if you have what it takes to escape!
For the eclectic artist:
- Moon.Flower.Child: Handmade and sustainable clothing, accessories, home decor, and body products.
- Indio: A curated selection of beautiful goods and gifts, with an emphasis on made in the USA, quality, and design.
For your spouse:
- Massage by Megan Rowell: Restorative massage for all bodies.
- Jolie Maroc: Fair-trade, organic Argan-based skincare line produced at a female-owned cooperative in Morocco.
For the gourmet:
- Elodie Farms: Freshly made (and delicious) goat cheese, crackers, and goat cheese mousse. Available at the Durham Farmer’s Market and specialty food shops in Durham, Chapel Hill and Raleigh.
- Pie Pushers: Local, Durham-based pizza restaurant and food truck focused on supporting this great community.
- Cupcake Bar: Sweet, fresh, and delicious cupcakes inspired by specialty cocktails and beverages.
- Firsthand Foods: Connecting North Carolina’s pasture-based livestock producers with local food lovers, restaurants, food service providers, and retailers.
- Makin' Whoopie Kitchen: A pop-up bakery offering whoopie pies and other sweet treats.
For your artistic friend:
- The Textile Creative: From fair trade linen to locally sourced alpaca fiber, our products are made by hand with love and care.
- Freeman's Creative: Durham’s source for fabric, yarn, and creative supplies.
For the new homeowner:
- ZEN Succulent: A neighborhood plant shop full of unique greenery and handcrafted gifts from emerging makers - featuring modern terrariums, workshops and DIY terrarium bar.
- cr2f: Specializes in meaningful wall art, personalized art prints, and nursery prints.
- Shelby Dillon Studio: Sophisticated art and home decor in fun, beautiful colors.
- Misfit Pottery: One-of-a-kind ceramic pots, mugs and earrings.
- Reenie Sue: Colorful, whimsical custom watercolor portraits, cards, and prints.
- Doora: Doora ceramics feature city iconography, natural materials, designer textiles, and heirloom pieces as well as other post-consumer products to create unique textures and impressions on the clay.
- Glimmer + Glow: A comprehensive lighting design firm that creates and implements expert lighting strategies and designs for everyday places. Includes commercial, industrial, and residential projects.
For your friend who just had a baby (or is about to):
- Dynamic Wellness: Teaching restorative classes that retrains core and pelvic floor muscles to be functional, reflexive, responsive, and supportive to our bodies.
- Emerald Doulas: Providing comprehensive support for your growing family from pregnancy to beyond birth with doula services, community groups, education and classes, infant feeding services, and more.
- Heart in Hands: A documentary photographer that offers family photography services and provides support as a birth and postpartum doula.
For the outdoorsy types (or those who just want a good looking yard):
- Amy Strunk Designs: A Landscape Designer who focuses on creating engaging spaces where families can live and play comfortably all year round.
- Bountiful Backyards: The Triangle’s original edible landscaping company, with 10 years of sustainable landscape design and installation experience.
- Joyful Acres: A plant nursery that sell plants through all the seasons, as well as, offers experiential programs on site for small groups which includes retreats, classes, garden design, and earth celebrations.
For people who are getting married next year:
- Radian Photography: This wife and husband team document the deep connection and powerful work of building relationships with couples and families.
- Events by Emily: Event planner and consultant specializing in partial and full service wedding planning as well as day of coordination.
Here's to a meaningful 2018 Holiday Season! Happy shopping!